Get your Game on with Football Party Savings!
The Super Bowl is just around the corner! Are you planning to host a party? Here are some tips to help you save money, followed by some tried-and-true recipes!
Keep party costs down.
- Cook at home as opposed to ordering out. This surely will save you a bundle. Taco dip and chips, veggie trays, meatballs, sloppy joes and chili are all convenient foods that can be cooked at home and then set out on platters and/or eaten in front of the TV.
- Use coupons! Make CoolSavings your first stop for printable grocery coupons. You’ll find plenty of coupons that will help save money on your party grocery bill. Also be sure to check out the recent and upcoming coupon inserts in the Sunday newspaper, where you’ll likely find savings on chips, chili, salsa, taco ingredients, etc.
- Have a potluck. This will save you some hassle and money. Don’t turn your guests down when they offer to bring appetizers, main dishes or desserts of their own!
- Use real dishes. Save money and landfill space by not buying plastic utensils, plates and cups. Resist the temptation to buy the colorful football-themed throwaway ones!
- Win a FREE cooler full of party goodies! Enter to win the CoolSavings Big Game Party Pack by liking CoolSavings on Facebook. Aside from snacks and other party items, the winner will also receive a $25 Target gift card! (See “Sweepstakes” tab on CoolSavings’ Facebook page for more details.)
Looking for some tasty dishes to serve up? Here are some tried and true Super Bowl worthy recipes from none other than the folks at CoolSavings!
Whip up this tasty dip for a party, and guests will ask you to make it again and again!
- One 8-oz. container French Onion dip
- One 8-oz. package cream cheese
- 1 small jar salsa
- 1 head of lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 bunch of green onions, diced
- One 8-oz. bag Mexican four-cheese, shredded
- 1-2 bags small round corn ships
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave, and then mix with the French Onion dip. Spread on the bottom of a large casserole dish.
- Spread on the salsa evenly. Follow with lettuce, tomato, green pepper, and green onions. Finally, top with the shredded cheese.
Seven-Layer Mexican Dip
Trying to stick to your New Year’s resolution of eating healthy and losing weight? Good for you! This Weight Watchers Seven-Layer Mexican Dip makes for a delicious lower-fat option, along with some baked tortilla chips.
Barbecued Game Day Meatballs
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup ketchup, divided
- 3 TB seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 TB dried instant minced onion
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce, or more, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, 1/3 cup ketchup, bread crumbs, egg, dried minced onion, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. With hands or wooden spoon, mix lightly but thoroughly; shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- Place meatballs in two 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pans or shallow roasting pans. Bake 20 minutes, or until meatballs are nicely browned. Transfer meatballs to slow cooker. (You can skip this whole step if you buy the frozen meatballs from Sam's Club -- they're tasty!)
- Mix remaining 1 cup ketchup, brown sugar, tomato paste, soy sauce, vinegar, and hot pepper sauce in a medium bowl. Pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours. Serve with cocktail picks.
Makes about 4 dozen 1-inch meatballs.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Don’t forget dessert! These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies are to die for! You make these by putting scoops of cookie dough into the brownie mix before baking. It’s a great way to dress up a box mix recipe!
Join the CoolSavings Community! Do you have any money-saving ideas for hosting a party? How about some tasty recipes of your own? Feel free to share them on the CoolSavings Community page!
Happy Super Bowl Savings!